Nav view search
Improving the health of hospital systems
Hospital systems have unique opportunities and challenges as they determine their employee health benefits strategy. On one hand, they can leverage their employee health plan to boost revenue through higher domestic use, maximize the use of existing on-site health resources and plant the seed for an Accountable Care Organization (ACO). On the other hand, hospitals often struggle with the fact that their employees are higher than average users of healthcare services which puts pressure on overall costs and productivity.
Our high-tech, high touch approach has become a hit among hospital systems. So much so, they represent over 25% of our business! Our clients like how we’re successful in producing dramatic results in managing their employee health benefits including:
- 88% of hospital system clients lowered their trend in year one and 100% lowered it in year 2 and beyond
- 9 point reduction in trend in year one with no benefit reductions
- 33% increase in domestic retention over 3 years
- 94% of healthcare providers would recommend us
- 25% reduction in workload for human resources
Coordinating care for Medicare patients
As a result of the recent healthcare reform legislation, Medicare will be moving toward a value-based purchasing program. For hospital systems, this new approach means:
- 1% reduction in DRG base increases to 2% in 2013
- Win-back reimbursement based on performance on 12 metrics
- 30% weight given to HCAPHS scores
To make the most of this opportunity, hospital systems have begun to work on several initiatives that impact re-admission rates, transitions in care and hospital-acquired conditions. We can help produce results without investing millions in new capital.
Our integrated, high-touch approach to patients and Virtual Medical Home technology can impact results for all of these initiatives through our:
- Pre-admission counseling
- Discharge planning
- Post-admission care coordination for 90 days after discharge
- Family advocacy during an in-patient stay
- Post-admission call and follow-up
- Transitions in care coordination
- Physician coordination
For specific ways on how we can help your hospital system face today’s challenges, click here to contact Quantum Health today.